About Clean Air-Cool Planet's Arctic Program
Why is the Arctic Important to Us?
At Clean Air-Cool Planet, we believe in promoting solutions that will mitigate the effects of human activity on this vital region and its sensitive ecology. Global reduction of carbon emissions is required to preserve the balance and quality of life on Earth. And new research is indicating that short-term pollutants like methane, black carbon and tropospheric ozone may hold the key to slowing changes in the Arctic ice and climate, buying us the time we need to develop long-term strategies to ensure climate stability.
Clean Air-Cool Planet's Arctic program comprises three main goals:
1) Slowing Arctic melting by reducing short-lived pollutants: Clean Air-Cool Planet is partnering with Clean Air Task Force (CATF) to assess and reduce the impact of short-lived pollutants to warming in the Arctic. Learn more about our program to slow Arctic warming here.
2) Raising awareness among influential opinion leaders of the urgency of Arctic warming and global threat it poses:
- In Chicago and Racine, WI, Clean Air-Cool Planet and the Royal Norwegian Embassy are teaming up to present the latest information on the threat of Arctic warming and its global impacts. Learn more.
- Working with Clean Air-Cool Planet, Lindblad Expeditions has launched a Climate Change Action Plan. Learn more.
3) Conserving Arctic resources and exploring institutional and other arrangements that would assist in managing a changing Arctic: Clean Air-Cool Planet is working with the Aspen Institute.